Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make the "series" option available under the Fill Menu?

I used the series option to autofill a column with numbers using Excel 2003.
However, I am not able to duplicate this process using Excel 2007. One of
the problems is that the "Series" option is grayed out when I select the Fill
Menu. If I could ever select it, I am sure I could compete this process. Do
I need to set something somewhere in order to make it available to me? I
tried highlighting the entire row that needs to be numbered in a range and I
also tried highlighting just the cells numbered 1 and 2. None of these
options makes the series option available. I need to know the steps to make
sure the series option is not grayed out.