Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Option Buttons from the "Forms" Menu

I am tyring to set up two different "option buttons" (radio button) lists on
the same worksheet.

Evertime I add a "option button" it shares the same linked cell as the
option buttons I have already placed on the sheet.

How do I assign different link cells to two different sets of "option
buttons" on the same wooksheet?

I really appreciate you help

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Option buttons placed on a sheet are linked by default. As you add more
option buttons they are linked to the intial option button. To get around
this you can place a Frame around a button (or group of buttons) to break the
link. Buttons in a frame are linked to each other and nothing else. Note
however that when you break the link the buttons are now completely severed
and while you can specify seperate cells for the return value, you loose the
mutually exclusive option of the radio buttons.

The only effective way that I know of to get around this is to use buttons
from the control toolbox. They can be linked to seperate cells while still
being part of the same group...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"D Jones" wrote:

I am tyring to set up two different "option buttons" (radio button) lists on
the same worksheet.

Evertime I add a "option button" it shares the same linked cell as the
option buttons I have already placed on the sheet.

How do I assign different link cells to two different sets of "option
buttons" on the same wooksheet?

I really appreciate you help

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click the control and choose "Format Control". There, click the
"Control" tab and set the "Cell Link" property to the cell to which that
control's value should be linked.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"D Jones" wrote in message
I am tyring to set up two different "option buttons" (radio button) lists
on
the same worksheet.

Evertime I add a "option button" it shares the same linked cell as the
option buttons I have already placed on the sheet.

How do I assign different link cells to two different sets of "option
buttons" on the same wooksheet?

I really appreciate you help

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thankd you for your response but that is not the issue -- I want to have two
lists on the same sheet with option button selection. I can only get teh
option buttons to work from one linked cell -- I need to be abl to link a
second set of buttons to a different linked cell form the first group of
buttons.