Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I change all values in a spreadsheet by a certain percent

I have some spreadsheets with numbers values I have entered manually (for
example a price list for certain products) going into the new year I want to
increase all prices by a certain percent. Just wondering if there is an easy
way to change all the numbers at once and not one at a time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi J Marsh

In a empty cell enter 1.1 (example for 10 %)
Ctrl c (to copy)

Select your cells with a value
EditPaste Special
Multiply
OK
ESC
Delete the cell with 1.1

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"J Marsh" <J wrote in message ...
I have some spreadsheets with numbers values I have entered manually (for
example a price list for certain products) going into the new year I want to
increase all prices by a certain percent. Just wondering if there is an easy
way to change all the numbers at once and not one at a time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

J Marsh,

If you want to raise all prices by 5%, then put 1.05 in an empty cell
somewhere. Copy that cell. Select all prices you want to raise, then Edit
Paste Special... and select Values and Multiply.

That should do the trick.

HTH,

Conan

"J Marsh" <J wrote in message
I have some spreadsheets with numbers values I have entered manually (for
example a price list for certain products) going into the new year I want
increase all prices by a certain percent. Just wondering if there is an
easy
way to change all the numbers at once and not one at a time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK. First copy the workbook under another name like MyName_Bak.xls
Meaning make a backup copy of the workbook. Then in an empty cell put the
percentage you want to increase with as follows, if you want to increase
with 13% put 1.13 in the cell, then format the cell the same as the prices
which I assume is currency. Then copy the cell, select all values and do
editpaste special and select multiply.

That should do it

Peo Sjoblom