Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Logical - Thanks to Roger! it worked like a charm

Thanks for helping Roger, I realise I now have the reverse problem.( Sorry, I
realise I should have thought through this before but just learning now)

I think for my purpose, it will be better to move the data from spreadsheet
1 to spreadsheet 2.

For example the top rows of Spreasheet1 are Name of Site, PV's, UU's,
category, audience. The other spreadsheet has just Name of Site,PV's, UU's. I
need to update Spreadhseet 2 with the data from Spreasheet 1, so need to
move
category and audience data to move to spreadsheet 1 when the name of site
(column A text) is the same.... I should be able to do this after you told me
but am not successful. Please help.
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Angeline

Firstly, you should try to keep all correspondence in the same thread, by
posting your next question as a reply to my original response.
As it happens, I have picked up this posting, but I might have missed it.
Equally, if anyone else wanted to respond, they would see what had already
been suggested.

To answer your question, enter the following code in D2 of Sheet2
=IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet1!$A:$F,COLUMN(),0) )
Copy across through E2:F2
Copy D2:F2 down the page as far as required
--

Regards
Roger Govier