Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Menu with Macro doesn't save.

hi,

I created a macro and since I use it alot in worksheet, I want to run from a
custom menu. I am successfully able to do this but when I close the
application and re-open, the custom menu does not appear. It seems like upon
exiting the application does not save the last settings. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saving the macro within the specific workbook as opposed to
your personal.xls file?

I assume you recorded the macro using the macro recorder. If so, when
you recorded the macro - where do you tell excel to store it? If you
stored it in the current workbook than it would only be available when
that workbook was open.

On Dec 12, 3:48 pm, Brijesh wrote:
hi,

I created a macro and since I use it alot in worksheet, I want to run from a
custom menu. I am successfully able to do this but when I close the
application and re-open, the custom menu does not appear. It seems like upon
exiting the application does not save the last settings. Please help!!!

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your macro will be in the workbook in which you created it.

How did you create the custom menu"

Through code or just through ToolsCustomize?

If by code it is probably in the workbook with the macro which must be opened to
see your menu.

If by ToolsCustomize.....................

Toolbar and menu customozations are saved in a file named Excelxx.XLB where xx
is your version of Excel.

Usually will be located at......................

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Maybe you don't have permission to save to that folder or the folder in which is
may be stored if not that one.

Have a look for *.xlb file using Windows file search.

See where it is and note the size and date.

Make some changes in Excel to a Toolbar, close Excel and see what happens to
your *.xlb file.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP