Todd

Default CUT & PASTE PROBLEM

I have two spreadsheets that I'm working between in separate workbooks. If I
cut a row of data from one spreadsheet and paste it in the other workbook, it
changes the date column. For example, if I cut a row that shows a date of
3/15, when I paste in the other workbook it changes the date to 3/14. It
always backs off the date by 1 day on the paste portion.

I've checked to make sure there isn't any conditional formatting of some
kind, but there isn't.

Any idea what's causing this?
Thanks.
Dave Peterson

Show the year for those date cells.

If you're actually off by 4 years and 1 day...

Saved from a previous post:

One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904.
(tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system)

One way to add those four years back is to find an empty cell, put 1462 into
that cell.

Copy that cell.

Select your range that contains the dates. Edit|PasteSpecial|click Add (in the
operation box).

You may have to reformat the cell as a date (mine turned to a 5 digit number).
But it should work.

You may want to do it against a copy...just in case.

(I'm not sure which one you'll fix. You may want to edit|pastespecial|click
subtract.)

Most windows users use 1900 as the base date. Mac users (mostly??) use 1904 as
the base date.

--

Dave Peterson