Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding % to existing cell values

I should know this....but, how do I add 4% to a range of cells?
(I'm trying to update a price sheet by increasing the % on existing prices)

Thanks!
--
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Type 1.04 in some empty cell.

2. Edit/Copy that cell

3. Select the cells containing the prices

4. Edit/Paste Special and select the Values and Multiply options.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:10:01 -0800, John wrote:

I should know this....but, how do I add 4% to a range of cells?
(I'm trying to update a price sheet by increasing the % on existing prices)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

put 1.04 in an empty cell
Edit|copy (that cell)
select the range to fix
Edit|paste special|check multiply

John wrote:

I should know this....but, how do I add 4% to a range of cells?
(I'm trying to update a price sheet by increasing the % on existing prices)

Thanks!
--
John

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter 1.04 in an empty cell
Copy that cell: EditCopy
Select the cells you want to increase
Then, EditPaste SpecialMultiplyOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John" wrote in message
I should know this....but, how do I add 4% to a range of cells?
(I'm trying to update a price sheet by increasing the % on existing
prices)

Thanks!
--
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter 1.04 in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.

Select the range to change and EditPaste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Delete the cell with 1.04

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP