Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default adding a line to an existing chart

Hi,

I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on top
of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many things
but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I am
fairly new to this.

JudyT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the data for the new line (say F2:F20)
Click the Copy tool
Click the chart
Use menu command Edit | Past Special; specify New Series; click OK

Suppose the data is G2:F20 with new x-values in column F
Select the data for the new line (say G2:F20)
Click the Copy tool
Click the chart
Use menu command Edit | Past Special; specify New Series AND First Column
has X-values (not the exact box name); click OK

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JudyT" wrote in message

I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on
top
of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many
things
but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I
am
fairly new to this.

JudyT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The trick is to ignore the inflexible built-in custom types, and roll your
own. Make a like chart with all your data, then select a series that you
want to change to a column, go to Chart menu Chart type, and choose a
column type. Then repeat for other series you need to change. When you add
another series, Excel may decide to add it as a line or a column. But you
can change it to what you need following the same procedure.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions