Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default adding a line to an existing chart

The trick is to ignore the inflexible built-in custom types, and roll your
own. Make a like chart with all your data, then select a series that you
want to change to a column, go to Chart menu Chart type, and choose a
column type. Then repeat for other series you need to change. When you add
another series, Excel may decide to add it as a line or a column. But you
can change it to what you need following the same procedure.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"JudyT" wrote in message

I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on
top
of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many
things
but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I
am
fairly new to this.

JudyT