Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NED NED is offline

Default count day timer

is there a way of adding a count day time to a cell which will take my
current time from my system clock to a date of my choice ie. time now 1.00pm
11/12/07 to 00:00:00 01/01/08

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But as the OP asked for the calculation to use the current time, then
presumably =DATE(2008,1,1)-NOW()

In either case, format the answer as number or general, and the answer is
the number of days.
If you format the answer as [h]:mm:ss it would give the answer in hours,
minutes, and seconds, or as d h:mm:ss for days, hours, minutes, seconds.
--
David Biddulph

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=DATE(2008,1,1)-TODAY()

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

Timer Vijay Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 6th 07 11:00 AM
Lap-timer kabildgaard Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 11th 06 03:26 PM
Stopping a Timer / Running a timer simultaneously on Excel Paul23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 10th 06 12:08 PM
Timer, Tally, and Count Jay3253 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 25th 05 09:02 PM
Count-down timer? (e.g. 10 days left...9...8...) mesotech Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 6th 05 04:38 PM