Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sort an outline without changing the hierarchy

How do I sort an outline without changing the hierarchy of the outline.
Hidden items stay in the same rows and visible items sort without regard to
the level.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe in a helper column you can have a code to maintain your
hierarchy, eg the first item could be 1.0, then subsidiary items are
1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc, with the next item set at 2.0, and so on. Then you
can sort on this column.

Hope this helps.

Pete