Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default FORMAT DATE

I am getting my dates showing as what looks like text but without the little
green triangle in the top left corner & all other suggested solutions for
converting text to date format is not working so it's obviously not
recognising it as text even. What else could it be & how do i get it to date
format? What I see in cell is:

'31.08.2007

When I check the format, it says it's 'General' but when I change to 'Date'
format, nothing changes.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sarah,