Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiply a text box on a report times a dollar amount

I have a report that adds up the values of a number of fields. I want to
multiply the value in this text box time a dollar amount

I am trying to do this throught the control source with no luck. Any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

text box?If you link your text box to a cell by clicking in the text box and
type =(say)A2,you can reflect what ever A2 shows in your text box
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"gbpg" wrote:

I have a report that adds up the values of a number of fields. I want to
multiply the value in this text box time a dollar amount

I am trying to do this throught the control source with no luck. Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If the times are in Excel times e.g 7:00 for 7 hours, then you will need to
multiply hours x 24 x rate.
Excel stores its times as fractions of a day, hence the need to multiply
by24.

--

Regards
Roger Govier