Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default filtering data to another sheet

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to filter certain rows of info on 1
sheet and transfer data to other sheets. Example...

Name Room# Code Day
Bob 2 abc12 Monday
Kim 4 cti34 Wednesday
Bob 3 drf67 Friday

What I would like is to have a sheet for each person and have the filter
insert that data to the right of their name on their own sheet to look like
this:

Bob's sheet

Mon Tue Wed
Thur Fri
Room2
Room3
Code abc12
Code drf67

I basically need to provide scheduling sheets for each person seperately.
The main data sheet is where the schedules are made via dropdpwn lists that
contain day, name, room, and code... any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ok that is nothing like what I typed in the original post... let me try
again...

Name Rm# Code Day
WillyT 123 abc1 Mon
Mikea. 345 ty77 Tue
WillyT 116 fyh21 Fri

So, WillyT's sheet would look like:

Mon Rm123 Codeabc1
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri Rm116 Code fyh21

and so on for each person..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Here's one way which auto-copies lines within a master sheet
by the unique items in a key col to their respective sheets ..

Effectively you would be able to get, based on your sample

In a sheet named: WillyT
Name Rm# Code Day
WillyT 123 abc1 Mon
WillyT 116 fyh21 Fri

In a sheet named: Mikea.
Name Rm# Code Day
Mikea. 345 ty77 Tue
and so on

Take away this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "State" col, which may
contain eg: NY, CA, NV, SD, AZ, etc. All lines with "NY" in the key col will
be auto-copied to the sheet named: NY, and appear neatly bunched at the top,
w/o any intervening blank lines. Ditto for lines with "CA", "NV", etc which
will be copied into their respective sheets.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the next key col value. Eg we
first formulate one child sheet for "NY", dress it up nicely, then just make
copies of the "NY" sheet, and rename these as: CA, NV, SD, etc.
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc