Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Limits & Moving to Next Cell

I'm looking to format some cells to only allow one character per cell. After
the character has been typed in the cell, I would like it to automaticallygo
to the next blank cell without hitting enter or tab.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you want to go to the next blank cell to the right or downward?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200760

"SieversEQ" wrote:

I'm looking to format some cells to only allow one character per cell. After
the character has been typed in the cell, I would like it to automaticallygo
to the next blank cell without hitting enter or tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't do this directly in XL - macros are disabled when in Edit
mode, so there's no way to intercept a single character without exiting
that mode (via Enter, Tab, an arrow key, a mouse click, etc).

In any case, formatting doesn't affect cell values or how input is
handled (other than that setting format to Text bypasses XL's input
parser).

You might consider a Userform instead...