Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Any way to change the color of the cell corner identifier that shows a comment is present?

I'm working on a project that adds a lot of comments to the cells in my
workbook. I know that any cell that has data in it will also have a comment,
so the visual identification with the red triangle in the upper right of
each of those cells is redundant (and distracting).

Worst case, I'd like to know if there is some way to turn that triangle off,
or change the color to white so it isn't noticable.

Best case, I'd like to know if there is any way to programatically modify
the color of that triangle by cell, so I could make most of them white but
optionally leave a few red if there was a particularly important comment in
that cell.

I realize this may be way outside of what Excel allows, but it never hurts
to ask. I'm open to VBA solutions as well, but figured a misc newsgroup
would be the place to start. The only thing I can't do is anything that
requires changes to the registry, as our IT department locked down all
machines and I don't have permission to change the registry on my computer
or those of the other users of the workbook.

Thanks,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Any way to change the color of the cell corner identifier that sho

Click TOOLS in the menu & select OPTIONS. On the VIEW tab in the COMMENTS
panel, click the NONE option button to suppress the display of all comments
in the worksheet.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Keith R" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
see this site
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Colour

regards
FSt1

"Keith R" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can hide the comment either from the View menu of from the View tab in
Tools | Options
You cannot change the colour of the triangle
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP