Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Default change last cell reference

I maintain a shared Excel workbook on a server which is updated by various
people. Somehow the last cell on various worksheets gets set to a location
far below the last row used. Example on one sheet: the last row used is row
738, the last cell reference is Z:7948. I've tried deleting the unused rows
and tried selecting the rows and "Edit/Clear/All". Neither works. The only
solution I've found is to insert a new worksheet, copy just the filled cells
and paste to the new worksheet which involves quite a bit of formatting. The
big problem is that when the workbook is saved it takes about 3 or 4 minutes
and wastes server space because it so large. Anyone have an easier solution
to changing the last cell reference? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244435
best wishes
--