Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to look up both Horiz & Vert

Hello all,

I need to look up a value based on a date (vlookup) and a company and
product (2 hlookups).

I think I've done this once before, but it has been a while and I don't
remember how I did it.

Source table (sheet name is "Rates Paid"):
--Column B has dates starting in row 3
--Row 1 has company starting in Col C, only 2 options: ABC & DEF
--Row 2 has products starting in Col C, I'll use 4 for this example: Prod1,
Prod2, Prod3, & Prod4
--companies repeat in row 1 & products repeat in row 2, but there is only
unique values of product/company combinations (8 columns--4 products for
each company).

Destination table is a very similar setup, but unique combinations of
product/company in different order and other columns inserted among them.

My first question is, can SUMPRODUCT() be used to accomplish this?

Example:
Source Table's named ranges:
"RP.Date" ='Rates Paid'!$B$3:$B$49
"RP.Comp" ='Rates Paid'!$C$1:$J$1
"RP.Product" ='Rates Paid'!$C$2:$J$2
"RP.Rates" ='Rates Paid'!$C$3:$J$20

Formula in destination table D3:
=SUMPRODUCT((RP.Date=$B3)*(RP.Bank=D$1)*(RP.Produc t=D$2)*(RP.Rates))

Second question is, if SUMPRODUCT() no workie, then what are my other
options?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kellt
What is RP.Bank?
Try this
=SUMPRODUCT((RP.Date=$B3)*--(RP.Bank=D$1)*--(RP.Product=D$2)*(RP.Rates))
With regards
Sridhar