Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating an IF Formula

I've been told by a fellow co-worker that the IF formula that I'm wanting
cannot be done. Please let me know if it can be done.

I'm needing to take a spreadsheet that is used for inventory to calculate
each product that is "spoken for" to be deducted from the total of the
inventory BUT after the new inventory totals are given, to add the inventory
back into this number if it was not delivered.

Can this be done? In my mind, yes...but I'm not sure how to do this one.
I'm a beginner "IF Formula" creator.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would say yes, but you need to provide some sample of your data to
include, what determines that it is spoken for and what determines if the
item was not delivered.

Regards,
Paul

--

"Becca" wrote in message
I've been told by a fellow co-worker that the IF formula that I'm wanting
cannot be done. Please let me know if it can be done.

I'm needing to take a spreadsheet that is used for inventory to calculate
each product that is "spoken for" to be deducted from the total of the
inventory BUT after the new inventory totals are given, to add the
inventory
back into this number if it was not delivered.

Can this be done? In my mind, yes...but I'm not sure how to do this one.
I'm a beginner "IF Formula" creator.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Becca

I'm sure you can devise a formula to do this, but we need more information.
What columns hold what data.
What is the Inventory total and what is it that you want to add back, based
upon some condition.
If you can post back with some sample data, I'm sure someone will help.

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"Becca" wrote in message
I've been told by a fellow co-worker that the IF formula that I'm wanting
cannot be done. Please let me know if it can be done.

I'm needing to take a spreadsheet that is used for inventory to calculate
each product that is "spoken for" to be deducted from the total of the
inventory BUT after the new inventory totals are given, to add the
inventory
back into this number if it was not delivered.

Can this be done? In my mind, yes...but I'm not sure how to do this one.
I'm a beginner "IF Formula" creator.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Column E has a release date, Column F has an Open Date, Column G has
Delivery Date, Column J has A circuit, Column K has B cirucit, and Column L
has C ciurcuit.

Each row will give the customer.

At the bottom of the spread sheet I have in column A Montlhy Total (this is
on row 22), Released but not shipped (on row 23), Inventory total (row 24).

So for customer 123456 (located in Column C): Column E will have a date.
Ther will not be a date in Comun G. This customer is buying 1 A cirucit and
1 B circuit, so there are -1 in both Column J and K.

I need Row 21 (the monthly Inventory) to reflec this equipment is spoken
for, but on Row 22, it to be added back in until there is a date in Column G.

Does this help at all??? Thank you so much for all of your help.

"Becca" wrote in message
I've been told by a fellow co-worker that the IF formula that I'm wanting
cannot be done. Please let me know if it can be done.

I'm needing to take a spreadsheet that is used for inventory to calculate
each product that is "spoken for" to be deducted from the total of the
inventory BUT after the new inventory totals are given, to add the
inventory
back into this number if it was not delivered.

Can this be done? In my mind, yes...but I'm not sure how to do this one.
I'm a beginner "IF Formula" creator.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Becca

Not sure exactly where your starting inventory comes from, but basically if
you want to know the total in column J where there is no date in column G,
then
=SUMIF($G$2:$G$21,"",J2:J21)

If you wanted the total where there is a date in column G, then use
=SUMIF($G$2:$G$21,"<",J2:J21)

Copy across to deal with values from Column K and Column L

If this doesn't provide what you are looking for, post back.
--

Regards
Roger Govier