Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Minutes into Hours and Minutes

So if I have a cell with say 43,238 minutes, I would like to convert
into Hours and Minutes.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Suppose your data is in cell A1. Now type this formula in cell A2

=A1/60

Then select cell A2 and change the format of this cell to 'Time'.

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

" wrote:

So if I have a cell with say 43,238 minutes, I would like to convert
into Hours and Minutes.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

divide by (60*24) and format Custom as [hh]:mm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message ...
| So if I have a cell with say 43,238 minutes, I would like to convert
| into Hours and Minutes.
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1/60/24 and format as [h]:mm
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
So if I have a cell with say 43,238 minutes, I would like to convert
into Hours and Minutes.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Format the result cell, FormatCellsNumberCustom[h]:mm
Use the formula =A1/1440

Excel stores times as fractions of a day, so divide by 60 then by 24 hence
divide by 1440
--

Regards
Roger Govier

wrote in message
So if I have a cell with say 43,238 minutes, I would like to convert
into Hours and Minutes.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And have you checked the answer which that formula gives you, Pranav?
Either 15:12 or 17295:12 (depending on formatting) seem unlikely answers.
Perhaps a further division by 24 may be worth trying? :-)
--
David Biddulph