Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding the sales values of products

I want to be able to total the value of individual sales in a row by product.
For instance in my row I have the sales product "fish" and a sales value at
the end of the row. Now in my sales sheet I may sell "fish" again to another
customer, which will be in another row. What I want it to do is add all my
fish sales values and pop it in a total value for that particular product. I
have other products all chosen from a pick list of around 7 and again I want
to calculate their total sales.
I think I've explained what I need? Can anyone Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

here's a couple of ways:

single column of values
=SUMIF(A1:A10,"fish",B1:B10)

multiple column of values
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="fish")*B1:D10)

or you can put the product name in a cell....say E1

=SUMIF(A1:A10,E1,B1:B10)

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=E1)*B1:D10)

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy