Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Interest Income Calculation in Excel

I am trying to calculate interest income for a group of securities for a
period of multiple months. The interest rate is fluctuating between months
and I was wondering if it's possible to create a formula which takes into
consideration the number of months each security is outstandind in a specific
month and the interest rate to calculate the total interest income.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dimitar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Certainly it is. But we need more information.

Are you trying to calculate the interest for the security or for the account?
Does the interest rate change only on month boundaries, and not during the
month?
How do we know "the number of months each security is outstanding in a specific
month"? Why isn't it one month?

An example would help.

Fred