Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I conditionally format a cell Part 2

I have a log with possible duplicate information.

There are three sections; the first two columns are aligned for all three
sections, like so:

A B C
part 1(date) Part 1 (name) info

Part 2(date) Part 2 (name) other info

Part 3(date) Part 3 (name) other other info

I have conditional formatting in Part 1 based on information in column 3. I
need Excel to recognize if the information in B1 is located anywhere else in
the woorksheet. If it is I need that same format for the cell(s) in Part 2
and or 3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Might help to know the conditional format.

maybe something like this in CF:

=OR(AND($B1=whatever,$C1=whatever),SUMPRODUCT(($B$ 1:$B$100=B1)*($C$1:$C$100=whatever))0)

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy

"aquigley" wrote:

I have a log with possible duplicate information.

There are three sections; the first two columns are aligned for all three
sections, like so:

A B C
part 1(date) Part 1 (name) info

Part 2(date) Part 2 (name) other info

Part 3(date) Part 3 (name) other other info

I have conditional formatting in Part 1 based on information in column 3. I
need Excel to recognize if the information in B1 is located anywhere else in
the woorksheet. If it is I need that same format for the cell(s) in Part 2
and or 3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jean-Guy

The format is very simple : =C55<"Home"
* taken from the middle of the report. The cell is highlighted if the
condition is true.

So, if B1 is Bob and the cell is highlighted; I need all other cells with
the value Bob to also be highlighted.

In the second and third parts the information in column C is different. Part
1 has "home" or an acrynom for another company. Part 2 and 3 does not have
anything in Column C so I cannot continue the format through the spreadsheet.