Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ayo Ayo is offline

Default Help with data manipulation between 2 worksheet tabs

I have 2 sheets. The first contain a number in 11 consecutive cells and the
other sheet contains the same number in 6, sometimes, consecutive cells. What
I need to do is go into the second sheet and for each cell that contains that
number, I want to extract values from other cells in the same row and put
them in sheet1. i.e.

SHEET1

Site ID NAT ID Priority Status Descrp
Amount
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1
3822 070G3822 1

SHEET2

Site ID NAT ID Priority Status Descrp
Amount
3822 070G3822 1 Approved Nothing
$1000
4312 551G3801 2 Approved
$500
3822 070G3822 1 Approved Nothing
$1000
3822 070G3822 1 Approved Nothing
$1000
4313 551G3803 1 Approved
$2000
3822 070G3822 1 Approved Nothing
$1000
6332 551G4801 2 Approved
$700
5322 551G8801 2 Approved
$200
3822 070G3822 1 Approved Nothing
$1000
3822 070G3822 1 Approved Nothing
$1000

So, I need to extract the values in sheet2 columns: Status, Descrp and
Amount; and put them in the corresponding columns in sheet1. As you can see
in sheet2, the site id are not consecutive as in sheet1. I am really stumpped
and I don't know what to do.
Please Help !!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this:

in the sheet1 enter the formulas below:

for status (say column D)
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$F$100,4,false)
for Descrp (say column E)
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$F$100,5,false)
for Amount (say column F)
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$F$100,6,false)

ranges can be changed to whatever you want
you can copy the formula to where ever you want

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Ayo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ayo Ayo is offline

Thanks Farhad but it is more complecated than that. The cloumns in both
sheets don't correspond like I have it in my post. Actually, the columns in
sheet2 are quite dispersed and don't match up with sheet1 exactly. That is
the problem I am having.

"Ayo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So you need to send your file to me if i could fix it i will send to you and
if not you will receive nothing.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat