Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default No Save Prompt dialog box when existing (V2003)

Hi ya, I'm using Excel 2003 and recently have noticed that I do not get the
Save prompt dialog box each time I close the spreadsheet after doing some
editing.

I just tested it again by opening a blank spreadsheet, entered random data,
saved it and closed it. I then reopened the file, entered some random data
and when I click on Close I do not get the prompt to save.

I've checked in Tools, Options and looked around the usual tabs but no luck
and compared what I have selected with my colleagues

Can anyone help.

--
Regards
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,

Are you familiar with VBA and using the VBE.

If so, open the VBE, display the Immediate window, enter the following line
of code and hit enter:

msgbox application.DisplayAlerts

If a message box pops up that says "FALSE" then enter the following line and
hit enter.

application.DisplayAlerts = True

If the message box said "TRUE", then I don't know what else it could
be.........sorry!

HTH,

Conan