Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combo box list help

Hello!

I'm trying to create a list for a combo box using 2 different columns of
data. The first column is the issuerID (numeric) and the second is the
issuerName (alpha). (These 2 columns are not adjacent, cols C and P
respectively.) The trick of it is that the names are not unique to the ID
numbers, i.e. you can have 13 with XYZ company and 13 with WXY company. I
want a list of all the unique numbers, and if there happens to be more than
one company associated with the ID number just to pick the first company.
I'm guessing I want an altered version of CONCATENATE(rawData!P4," -
",rawData!C4) using only the unique numbers to give me a list item like "XYZ
company - 13". This is for a sheet where the data gets updated daily, so I
need the list to be dynamic, e.g. something like
=OFFSET(rawData!$C$4,0,0,COUNTA(rawData!$C:$C),1), since sometimes I will
have 1300 rows and sometimes 1200. I was trying to do this using a combo box
from the Control Toolbox.

I don't want to have this list showing in the worksheet anywhere either, if
possible. I'm not opposed to writing VBA for this, but am at a loss as how
to do it. (I'm fairly new to VBA.) Hopefully I'm not shooting for the moon
here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is
any further clarification I can provide since this seems like a convoluted
question to me. Thanks in advance.

--
Michelle
"Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot." Groucho Marx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In case anybody else runs into a similar problem I listed above I thought I
would give a link to the site I used to help me conquer it...
Maybe somebody else will find it as helpful as I did.

--

"Michelle" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I forgot to mention that my loop was a bit different since I used 2 columns
of information. I used this twist on JW's loop...

For Each numcell In IssueNum
NoDupes.Add issueName.Cells(j).Value & " -- " & numcell.Value,_
CStr(numcell.Value)
j = j + 1
Next numcell

This gave me a list that looks like "Company XYZ -- 123"