Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic X-Axis in Chart

Hi,

I know there is a lot of content out there about dynamic range in charts but
as far as I can see my problem is not covered yet (forgive me when I'm wrong).

Problem:
- I have one value to display in a chart, e.g. value=0.5 (cell A1)
- the boundaries of the x-axis should be determined by the user, e.g. min=0
(cell B1) and max=1 (cell C1)

Question:
How can I create a dynamic chart without the user need to go into the chart
menu "Format Axis = Scale" ?

Thanks for help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use worksheet cells that either (a) have formulas that calculate
an appropriate set of axis scale parameters or (b) serve as data entry cells
for the user to enter appropriate parameters. Then link the chart to these
cells using a little VBA:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

Tushar Mehta has a utility that automates this process on his web site
(http://tushar-mehta.com, look for the auto chart manager).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP