Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel {2007} Named Ranges: Renaming, Deleting etc...

I have a range in a worksheet which I named "Prices" using the "Name
Box" (The box that shows the Cell reference [A1 etc...])

I am trying to select a different range on another Worksheet and call
it "Prices", but whenever I type in the word "Prices", the original
"Prices" range is selected on the other worksheet!

So, my question is - How do you remove the name from a range, so that
the range no longer has a name! I am sure I knew how to do this, but I
cannot for the life of me remember!

I have googled, and used the Help file, but all I get is information
about clearing the contents etc of a range!

This make sense?

Thanks. Demon.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"DemonTraitor" wrote in message
I have a range in a worksheet which I named "Prices" using the "Name
Box" (The box that shows the Cell reference [A1 etc...])

I am trying to select a different range on another Worksheet and call
it "Prices", but whenever I type in the word "Prices", the original
"Prices" range is selected on the other worksheet!

So, my question is - How do you remove the name from a range, so that
the range no longer has a name! I am sure I knew how to do this, but I
cannot for the life of me remember!

I have googled, and used the Help file, but all I get is information
about clearing the contents etc of a range!

This make sense?

Thanks. Demon.

Insert Name Define
Select the name in the list and click Delete.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007, choose the Formulas ribbon, and then click the "Name Manager"
button in the Defined Name panel. From that dialog, you can delete the
name. Note that names have to levels of visibility: Workbook Scope and
Worksheet Scope. A Workbook Scope refers to a cell in any sheet and can be
used on any sheet, either the same or a different sheet. A Worksheet Scope
name is local only to the worksheet. Thus, multiple sheets can each have a
name called "SalesTotal" referring to cell A1 on that sheet. Thus, when you
use "SalesTotal" on a worksheet, it refers to cell A1 on that sheet. If you
use that name on another sheet, you'll get the value of A1 on *that* sheet.

While legal, I would recommend against using the same name for a Defined
Name and a Worksheet name. It just complicates things and makes debugging
and maintenance more difficult.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"DemonTraitor" wrote in message
I have a range in a worksheet which I named "Prices" using the "Name
Box" (The box that shows the Cell reference [A1 etc...])

I am trying to select a different range on another Worksheet and call
it "Prices", but whenever I type in the word "Prices", the original
"Prices" range is selected on the other worksheet!

So, my question is - How do you remove the name from a range, so that
the range no longer has a name! I am sure I knew how to do this, but I
cannot for the life of me remember!

I have googled, and used the Help file, but all I get is information
about clearing the contents etc of a range!

This make sense?

Thanks. Demon.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert Name Define
Select the name in the list and click Delete.

As the subject line states (I almost missed it too), he is talking about
Excel 2007. Your instructions are perfectly correct for versions 2003 and
earlier, but not for 2007.

--

"Stephen" <none wrote in message
"DemonTraitor" wrote in message
I have a range in a worksheet which I named "Prices" using the "Name
Box" (The box that shows the Cell reference [A1 etc...])

I am trying to select a different range on another Worksheet and call
it "Prices", but whenever I type in the word "Prices", the original
"Prices" range is selected on the other worksheet!

So, my question is - How do you remove the name from a range, so that
the range no longer has a name! I am sure I knew how to do this, but I
cannot for the life of me remember!

I have googled, and used the Help file, but all I get is information
about clearing the contents etc of a range!

This make sense?

Thanks. Demon.

Insert Name Define
Select the name in the list and click Delete.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

GORGEOUS THANKS - was doing my head in!!!!! Thank you beyond compare!

On 27 Nov, 11:35, "Chip Pearson" wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Demon.- Hide quoted text -