Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert Information in a different worksheet

Hi Everyone,
I am creating a worksheet that keeps track of each member and how many
minutes they workout at the gym for each day. I have a cover sheet that pulls
information from the information sheet using vlookup functions based on the
identification number entered. I also am using the Now function for the date.
On the information sheet I have given each member an identification number -
each member has their own row. Then the columns have the each day for the
next six months.
I would like to be able to input the identification number on the cover
page, then insert the number of minutes they worked out in a seperate cell
and have that number automatically entered where the date and identification
number intersect on the information worksheet and have that number to stay
there permanently.
Is this possible? I have looked online for a while now and I cannot figure
it out.
Thank you
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The reason you haven't gotten a response for some 8 hours is that there is
no built-in feature in Excel to do what you want. So you'd have to use a
macro.

--
Jim