Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing a blank spreadsheet.

I am new to excel. It is so confusing. I am trying to figure how to print up
a blank spreadsheet with blank cells. If I leave the cells empty, the
gridlines do not print. Only the cells with text in them show gridlines when
printed. I am trying to make a sign-up sheet where people can sign it with a
pan, but the gridlines don't print up. Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 26, 1:25 pm, ctrbeth wrote:
I am new to excel. It is so confusing. I am trying to figure how to print up
a blank spreadsheet with blank cells. If I leave the cells empty, the
gridlines do not print. Only the cells with text in them show gridlines when
printed. I am trying to make a sign-up sheet where people can sign it with a
pan, but the gridlines don't print up. Help

Highlight the cells that you want to have borders. Right clight.
Choose format cells. Choose borders. Add your borders. You can even
change fill colors and font sizes from here.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Give the empty cells to be printed a border. It can be as simple as just
placing a border on the bottom edge of the cells or you can place borders on
all four sides of each cell - your choice.

See Excel Help on subject Borders if you are unfamiliar with adding them to
cells.

"ctrbeth" wrote:

I am new to excel. It is so confusing. I am trying to figure how to print up
a blank spreadsheet with blank cells. If I leave the cells empty, the
gridlines do not print. Only the cells with text in them show gridlines when
printed. I am trying to make a sign-up sheet where people can sign it with a
pan, but the gridlines don't print up. Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another suggestion would be to use Word. Make a table and print it
You can readily design simple forms this way - Excel would not be as
cooperative!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ctrbeth" wrote in message
I am new to excel. It is so confusing. I am trying to figure how to print
up
a blank spreadsheet with blank cells. If I leave the cells empty, the
gridlines do not print. Only the cells with text in them show gridlines
when
printed. I am trying to make a sign-up sheet where people can sign it with
pan, but the gridlines don't print up. Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My solution is not elegant, but it's very simple.

Just hit the spacebar on each cell in the top row. Excel will print the
column, complete with gridlines, if there's anything in any row -- even a
space.

"ctrbeth" wrote:

I am new to excel. It is so confusing. I am trying to figure how to print up
a blank spreadsheet with blank cells. If I leave the cells empty, the
gridlines do not print. Only the cells with text in them show gridlines when
printed. I am trying to make a sign-up sheet where people can sign it with a
pan, but the gridlines don't print up. Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another option...

I don't like using the space character for this. It's too hard to see when you
want to clean things up.

I like using a formula:
=""

The cell still looks empty, but the formula will display in the formulabar--and
usually it's enough to remind me why I did it.

"ctrbeth" wrote:

I am new to excel. It is so confusing. I am trying to figure how to print up
a blank spreadsheet with blank cells. If I leave the cells empty, the
gridlines do not print. Only the cells with text in them show gridlines when
printed. I am trying to make a sign-up sheet where people can sign it with a
pan, but the gridlines don't print up. Help

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And you *only* have to put that zero length string in the bottom, right-most
cell of the desired print range, and then:

<File <Page Setup <Sheet tab,
and click on "Gridlines", then <OK.

RD