Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stock Symbol Column comparison

How can I download Nasdaq stock symbols into Excel 97 on Win 98 platform
and then parse day to day symbol info because each day the total number of
symbols changes (i.e. 3,450 one day and next 3,530) to end up with a "common
list" of say, 3,000 Nasdaq symbols. Then, please help create a formula that
can allow me to view 2, 3, 5 days of price and volume increase relative to
the pre-prepared list. I call these stocks "Runners" and a profit can be
made. Please help. Thank you in advance. I wrote once, but lost the info.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

?? maybe ?

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1d8f21ae09f99b
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200758

"Mike" wrote:

How can I download Nasdaq stock symbols into Excel 97 on Win 98 platform
and then parse day to day symbol info because each day the total number of
symbols changes (i.e. 3,450 one day and next 3,530) to end up with a "common
list" of say, 3,000 Nasdaq symbols. Then, please help create a formula that
can allow me to view 2, 3, 5 days of price and volume increase relative to
the pre-prepared list. I call these stocks "Runners" and a profit can be
made. Please help. Thank you in advance. I wrote once, but lost the info.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<G
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mike" wrote:

How can I download Nasdaq stock symbols into Excel 97 on Win 98 platform
and then parse day to day symbol info because each day the total number
of
symbols changes (i.e. 3,450 one day and next 3,530) to end up with a
"common
list" of say, 3,000 Nasdaq symbols. Then, please help create a formula
that
can allow me to view 2, 3, 5 days of price and volume increase relative
the pre-prepared list. I call these stocks "Runners" and a profit can be
made. Please help. Thank you in advance. I wrote once, but lost the
info.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Gary"s Student. Yes, helped a lot. This is my original post that
I lost. Still I am asking more questions in my both the original post and
the present post. Please help if possible. Thanks again.

"Mike" wrote:

How can I download Nasdaq stock symbols into Excel 97 on Win 98 platform
and then parse day to day symbol info because each day the total number of
symbols changes (i.e. 3,450 one day and next 3,530) to end up with a "common
list" of say, 3,000 Nasdaq symbols. Then, please help create a formula that
can allow me to view 2, 3, 5 days of price and volume increase relative to
the pre-prepared list. I call these stocks "Runners" and a profit can be
made. Please help. Thank you in advance. I wrote once, but lost the info.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To Gary"s Student.

Actually, Harlan Grove answered one of my questions in the old post. The
question of each day stocks are added and deleted from Nasdaq and this
creates a list non conformist day to day, so Harlan's formula of
=IF(COUNT(MATCH(G1,H:H,0)),G1,"") did find the "common stocks" from day to
day (i.e. did not list those that are there one day and gone the next.
However, after running this formula, the price and volume was not
"attached--relative to the original stock symbol" and therefore I could not
apply a formula to read day 2 is price is greater than day 1, and so forth.
So, my next guestion is how can I run a formula like Harlan's and still
retain the price and volume info associated with each stock symbol.? Thanks
in advance.
Mike