Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default fill series, custom format question

I am designing some tickets.

I would like them to be numbered 001-100 and used Fill Series to do
that.
I'm using a custom format of "000" so all ticket #'s have 3 digits.

I wold like to put Ticket # xxx"

As soon as I added the "Ticket # " in front of the number, I lost the
(ability to use the) custom format.

Any suggestions? XL 2007

...Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lisa,

If I understand your problem correctly, all you need to
do is wrap your text in double quotes.

A custom format of "Ticket #" 000
will return Ticket # 001 when 1 is placed in a cell.

HTH
Martin