Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding up totals.

Hi

I am trying to total (in cell F4) the percentage of a range of cells but
with a minimum value.

In cells F14:F63 I have the amounts:

F14 600
F15 500
F16 350
F17 700
F18 275
..
..
etc

I want to total 10% of each of the figures, but where the result is less
than 50, it should be rounded up to 50. So...

F14 600 = 60
F15 500 = 50
F16 350 = 50
F17 700 = 70
F18 275 = 50.

Have tried various methods but can't find a way to make it work. All help
greatly appreciated.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

With no empty cells in your range tray this entered with Ctrl+Shift+enter

=SUM(IF(F14:F63*0.150,F14:F63*0.1,50))

Mike

"Del" wrote:

Hi

I am trying to total (in cell F4) the percentage of a range of cells but
with a minimum value.

In cells F14:F63 I have the amounts:

F14 600
F15 500
F16 350
F17 700
F18 275
.
.
etc

I want to total 10% of each of the figures, but where the result is less
than 50, it should be rounded up to 50. So...

F14 600 = 60
F15 500 = 50
F16 350 = 50
F17 700 = 70
F18 275 = 50.

Have tried various methods but can't find a way to make it work. All help
greatly appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

Many thanks for your quick reply.

My fault, but there wont always be a value in every cell as they are sales
figures and will only be entered as required.

regards

"Del" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Theres almost certainly a better way but until then try this which now copes
with blanks

=SUM(IF(F14:F63*0.150,F14:F63*0.1,50))-(COUNTBLANK(F14:F63)*50)

Once again array entered.

Mike

"Del" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

Many thanks.

That works fine. This is part of a larger formula, so hopefully I can get it
to work with that!

Again many thanks for your time.

regards