Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data sharing

Hi,

I have one excel file where we insert information constantly on one desk.
But we also have another person who needs to insert more information on his
side on another part of the office.
How can I share some columns so every time the second person needs to add
data, wont have the problem that the file is open [read only] by the other
user?

JPG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use two separate workbooks and merge the results periodically.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200758

"juanpablo" wrote:

Hi,

I have one excel file where we insert information constantly on one desk.
But we also have another person who needs to insert more information on his
side on another part of the office.
How can I share some columns so every time the second person needs to add
data, wont have the problem that the file is open [read only] by the other
user?

JPG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And how do I merge the results?
The information is so time critical, that the main workbook needs to be
updated automatically.

JPG

"juanpablo" wrote:

Hi,

I have one excel file where we insert information constantly on one desk.
But we also have another person who needs to insert more information on his
side on another part of the office.
How can I share some columns so every time the second person needs to add
data, wont have the problem that the file is open [read only] by the other
user?

JPG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

XL does not handle concurency well, which is what you are asking for. My
suggestion would be to use a database such as Access. If you want you can
have XL write to an access database using macros but that is a little tricky
and not a good project unless you are an experienced VBA programmer.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson