Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sharing data between Excel and Access

I have my original data in excel format. Can I convert the data in Excel to
Access as the data base in Access? I know how to export data from Access to
Excel, but do not know the reverse. Can somebody answer my question?

Thank you,
Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Linda

You can either Import it or Link the Excel table (the latter will always
have the up to date data from the Excel worksheet

In Access go to FileExternal data and select import or link. (Be sure to
select Excel from the 'files of type' dropdown in the dialog)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Linda" wrote in message
I have my original data in excel format. Can I convert the data in Excel
Access as the data base in Access? I know how to export data from Access
Excel, but do not know the reverse. Can somebody answer my question?

Thank you,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
and to add to Nick's suggestion, make sure you declare you xl data a named
range. this make for a cleaner import/link. and as Nick pointed out, linking
give up to the minute data and it is a little silly to store the same data in
two different places.

Regards
FSt1