Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I open .xls files which have been encrypted by mistake

I created .xls files a very long ago and were workable. Perhaps by mistake I
encrypted these. Now I want to open these files for further work in these
files but are not being opend. Message appeas like this Access denied and
file may be readonly or encrypted. please advise