Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default which parameters to use for search

Hi
i have worksheet with some 30000 email addresses and I need to get
only the onces that have the email (for example
or etc)

Is there a function to get this done with find or some filtering?

Help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way would be to use Data/ Text to Columns to split by the @ symbol, then
again to split by the dot, then test for the entry in column A being the
same as that in column B.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
Hi
i have worksheet with some 30000 email addresses and I need to get
only the onces that have the email (for example
or etc)

Is there a function to get this done with find or some filtering?

Help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote in message

Hi
i have worksheet with some 30000 email addresses and I need to get
only the onces that have the email (for example
or etc)

Is there a function to get this done with find or some filtering?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks - that is obviously the only way - thought there would be a
lazy way around.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's not the only way, I'm sure. One could do string extraction by LEFT,
MID, RIGHT, etc. with FIND or SEARCH to look for the separators, but Data/
Text to Columns seemed to be the easy way.
--
David Biddulph