Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot averages

I have an Access application that automatically generates a pivot table in
Excel. The query I use to export the data is a GROUP BY query that sums up a
calculated field.

When the pivto table is generated, everything is fine. I have the row fields
appearing, my calculated field appears with the correct value. However, when
I start playing around wth the pivot table to see the totals, say per month,
the calculated field is wrong.

The field is calculated as #calls resolved / # calls.

When I look at each callers values, they are calculated correctly, but when
I look at the line that groups the total calls for the month, excel doesn't
give the sum of all calls resolved divided by the sum of all calls.

Excel just takes the average of each call agent and either sums it up or
takes the average (ie average of the average). I need that line to show the
value as above: #calls resolved / # calls. Excel isn't taking the Sum(calls
resolved) / Sum(#calls) on that line.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Ray