Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Averages at Subtotal

Hello All,
Love this discussion group, someone always seems to have the answer I need.
I've got a pivot table with subtotals and I'd like to average the
individual entries using the subtotals, not grand total.
Is this something that can be done?
Thank you.

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Double-click on the field button for the row field that you want to average.
Under Subtotals, click Custom
Click on the Average function, then click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the information. I don't think I stated my question correctly.

I'd like to calculate the average of each data item using the subtotal for
the denominator.
Here's the way the pivot looks. I'd like to get the average for each
Resource based on the subtotal. (Engr=17%, Admn=17%, etc.)

WBS Desc Res Hrs
1.1.1 Program Mgmt Engr 10
Admn 10
S/W 10
H/W 10
Tech1 10
Tech2 10
Subtotal 60

Blueglass wrote:
Love this discussion group, someone always seems to have the answer I need.
I've got a pivot table with subtotals and I'd like to average the
individual entries using the subtotals, not grand total.
Is this something that can be done?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't use the subtotals in calculations within the pivot table.
Perhaps you could arrange the pivot table differently, and use a % of
Row custom calculation, as described he