Mark Smith

Default Sheet not updating

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that all of a sudden stopped updating.

One sheet is the master sheet. Everything is entered there. The other
sheets pull information from the master sheet. Now when I enter information
on the master sheet, nothing updates on the other sheets.

What could possibly be going wrong.

Thanks

Mark Smith
Precision Devices
Dave Peterson

Maybe calculation is set to manual???
Tools|options|calculation tab
is where I'd look first.

--

Dave Peterson
Fredrik Wahlgren

"Mark Smith" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that all of a sudden stopped updating.

One sheet is the master sheet. Everything is entered there. The other
sheets pull information from the master sheet. Now when I enter

information
on the master sheet, nothing updates on the other sheets.

What could possibly be going wrong.

Thanks

Mark Smith
Precision Devices

The sheet is probably corrupt. Before you do this, make a backup copy of
your master sheet and create a worksheet similar to the master sheet. Make
sure the name of the workbook and at least one of the worbooks match the
master sheet. Insert a few values that the other sheets are supposed to
pull. If this works, the master sheet is most likely corrupt. You can fix it
like this

1) Create a new blank workbook
2) Create as many worksheets as your master sheet has
3) If there are links from one worksheet to another in the master, you
should rename the worksheets accordingly
4) For each worksheet in your master sheet, select all cells from the master
sheet and paste them into the new one.

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Maybe calculation is set to manual???
Tools|options|calculation tab
is where I'd look first.

This is indeed a possibilty. You can force an update by pressing ctrl+alt+f9

/Fredrik

CyberTaz

Assuming the sheets are in the same workbook, go to ToolsOptionsCalculation
and make sure Calculation is set to Automatic & Recalculate before Save is
checked. If you don't want to change those settings for some reason, you can
press F9 when you want to update the formulas.

HTH |:)