Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If then formulas

I am looking for an if then formula that will pull text out of one row, and
if that text equals, say, G1, then to multiply all G1's together.

Any ideas?

Jeanne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jeanne" wrote:

I am looking for an if then formula that will pull text out of one row, and
if that text equals, say, G1, then to multiply the data in other rows.

Any ideas?

Jeanne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry - Okay, I have a column, in one row is text data, in another row is
numerical data. I want a formula that says, if text in B3 =g2, then
duplicate numerical data in E3 into cell C22 for a multiplication formula.
SO, I want all the numerical data in row E that is from a g2 originator to
be multiplied in yet another cell.

Does that help?

Jeanne

On Nov 21, 6:58 pm, Jeanne wrote:
I am looking for an if then formula that will pull text out of one row, and
if that text equals, say, G1, then to multiply all G1's together.

Any ideas?

Jeanne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not really, because you are mixing up rows and columns - you can't
have a row E ! It might be better to give a small example of what you
have and relate it to the exact columns and rows that you are using,
so any solutions proposed should work for you without having to make
massive changes to the formula to suit your exact layout.

It seems as if column B can contain both text and numeric values - so
what do you want to happen in cell C22 with the text values in column
B that equal the text value in G2? Do you want to multiply the
corresponding values from column E?

Pete

On Nov 21, 6:58 pm, Jeanne wrote:
I am looking for an if then formula that will pull text out of one row, and
if that text equals, say, G1, then to multiply all G1's together.

Any ideas?

Jeanne- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your patience -

All of the cells in column B designate whether funds are for specific
accounts g1, g2, g3. All of the cells in column E designate the amount of a
particular deposit in a particular account. then, Cell C22 should have the
total deposits into account g1; cell 23 for g2, cell 24 for g3. So, I want
to be able to say that for any cell in column b(say B3) that is g1, the
corresponding deposit in column E (say E3) will be added with all of the
other possible deposits from column B in cell C22.

Thanks,
Jeanne

On Nov 21, 6:58 pm, Jeanne wrote:
I am looking for an if then formula that will pull text out of one row, and
if that text equals, say, G1, then to multiply all G1's together.

Any ideas?

Jeanne- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, we are talking about addition now, not multiplication - makes more
sense. Enter this formula in C22:

=SUMIF(B$1:B$20,G1,E$1:E$20)

I have assumed you have 20 rows of data starting in row 1, so adjust
these as necessary and copy the formula down into C23, C24 etc., as
required.

Basically, the formula says to look through each element of the first
array (B1:B20) and if the contents are the same as G1 then add up the
corresponding cell from column E. As you copy the formula down, G1
becomes G2, then G3 etc, so you get the totals that correspond to
these accounts.

Hope this helps (finally).

Pete