Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel - unprotect certain cells in protected sheet/workbook

Hello!

Please, help!

I am trying to protect certain cells on my sheet.

What I've tried to do?
When protecting total sheet: Tools, protection (ok,... that seems it works).
Then I would like to unprotect certain cells. I've tried to work with:
Format-Cells.
That does not work (as some advises here were already told here in Forum),
because it does not show Protectin card in Format-Cell path.

How to unprotect certain cells in this protected worksheet/book?

Thank you very much for any help and advises given!

Kindly,
Irena
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By default, all cells are protected when sheet protection is enabled.

Hit CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsProtection. Uncheck "locked" and OK out.

Select the cells you want protected and FormatCellsProtection

Check "locked".

ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. Note the options when protecting.

Supply a password and OK.

Excel's internal security is weak but this will prevent overwriting by accident.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:38:01 -0800, ekonomija
wrote:

Hello!

Please, help!

I am trying to protect certain cells on my sheet.

What I've tried to do?
When protecting total sheet: Tools, protection (ok,... that seems it works).
Then I would like to unprotect certain cells. I've tried to work with:
Format-Cells.
That does not work (as some advises here were already told here in Forum),
because it does not show Protectin card in Format-Cell path.

How to unprotect certain cells in this protected worksheet/book?

Thank you very much for any help and advises given!

Kindly,
Irena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Gord,

Thank you very much for this!

I see the "problem" in my case.

It should be reverse: first uncheck cells I do not want to protect, and then
protect total sheet/or book :):) Now it works!

Thank you once again!

Kindly,

wrote:

Hello!

Please, help!

I am trying to protect certain cells on my sheet.

What I've tried to do?
When protecting total sheet: Tools, protection (ok,... that seems it works).
Then I would like to unprotect certain cells. I've tried to work with:
Format-Cells.
That does not work (as some advises here were already told here in Forum),
because it does not show Protectin card in Format-Cell path.

How to unprotect certain cells in this protected worksheet/book?

Thank you very much for any help and advises given!

Kindly,
Irena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK