lauren

Default I want to display the number 0 first in a cell, it won't let me n.

I want to be able to see a number with a zero in front of it as in 019, no
decimals or anything but everytime I enter it and move to the next cell the 0
automatically disappears. Can anyone help?
Carole O

Lauren -

You'll have to format the cell as "Text" to make it work.

Hope this helps,

Carole O

"lauren" wrote:

I want to be able to see a number with a zero in front of it as in 019, no
decimals or anything but everytime I enter it and move to the next cell the 0
automatically disappears. Can anyone help?

Domenic

Or, you can precede your value with a single quote...

'019

Hope this helps!

In article ,
lauren wrote:

I want to be able to see a number with a zero in front of it as in 019, no
decimals or anything but everytime I enter it and move to the next cell the 0
automatically disappears. Can anyone help?

Gord Dibben

Lauren

In addition to the other posts.....

Enter 19 and Custom Format as 000.\

It will look like 019 but still be the number 19 if you need it for
calculations.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP