Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Comparing Two Workbooks

Hi,

I have two workbooks with data in them that I need to do a funky comparison
to. Workbook01 Col A has Items that are more than likely sold and there are
multiple duplicates for some items. Workbook02 has the same thing in Col G
but Col F also has "Sold" or "Not Sold" or nothing in it at all.

I would like to use Workbook01 as the main workbook and have some sort of
code or statement that will compare the two and for each match it finds it
will then then check if workbook02 has a "Sold". If it's a one-for-one match
as well as "Sold" then in Col K of workbook01 it highlights each instance
green. If it's anything other than sold and/or if there is a quantity
difference; then in workbook01 it highlights Col K of each nonmatching item
yellow as well as puts a note in Col K next to each instance of that item
that says how many there are in workbook01 and how many there are in
workbook02 as well as how many say sold in workbook02.

Is this possible and if so can someone help me?

Thanks Sooo Much In Advance,
Rob