glenn

Default comparing workbooks

Can anyone advise a solution? I have two workbooks one is a stock list the
other is a complete price list. Both workbooks have a part number column
however more items appear in the price list than the stock list. I want to
automatically scan the complete price list to identify a part number that
appears in the stock list and then copy the price from the price list for
that part number into a new column on the stock list.

Roger Govier

In cell B1 of the Stock list enter

=VLOOKUP(A1,[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000,2,0)
Change ranges to suit
--
Regards

Roger Govier