Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text to Columns - Way to remove all column breaks at one time?

When selecting text to columns, fixed width, Excel inserts far too many
column breaks since several of the columns are long strings of text with
spaces between the words. Is there any way to remove all column breaks at one
time so that I can then reset the few that are needed?

It's not that the manual removal is just tedious, I have a little arthritis
in the tip of my mouse-control finger and the repetitive motion hurts. Thanks
in advance. You guys haven't let me down yet!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not that I know...

But if you're fields are always the same, you could record a macro when you do
it once. Then just rerun that macro when you need to parse the same kind of
text.

--

Dave Peterson