Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table (Grand Total)

Hi,

Here what I am trying to do. When I creating the Pivot Table, the table auto
calculating the Grand Total field. What I am looking for the Differences from
one month to another not the grand total. See example.

This is what I have
2007-02-28 2008-02-28 Grand Total
$100.00 $80.00 $180.00
$180.00 $310.00 $490.00

This is what I am looking to get..
2007-02-28 2008-02-28 Diff
$100.00 $80.00 -$20.00
$180.00 $310.00 $130.00

Can any one tell me how can I get the differences rather than the grand total?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Grand total will not cut it for you... Grand total just aggregates based on
whatever the current aggregation is... One thing you could do would be to add
your values into the data section one more time. Right click on the new data
and select Field Setting - Options and change the aggregation to Difference
From...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson