Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
leo leo is offline

Default Need help: Excel automatically change input values

Excel version: 2003
Symtpoms:
Whenever I input 1, excel automatically change it to 00.1.
Whenever I paste a value with a comma (",") as a deliminator, excel
automatically split it into two cells and remove the comma.

Possible cause:
The whole problem starts when I tried to split values in a column with comma
deliminators. It seems that Excel remembers this action. I have not found a
way to remove this hidden action.

What I have tried:
I have tried Tools-Options-Calculation, set Calculation on "Manual". It
has not solved the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
leo leo is offline

Thanks a lot for such a quick response. It works to solve the problem that
changes value of 1 to 0.01.

For the deliminator problem, I tried "Convert Text to Columns wizard" on one
cell, removed any deliminators there. Seems that Excel does not split the
value automatically anymore when I paste values.

Thanks again and wish you the best!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I didn't even see that there was another question, I believe somehow
Excel remembers that you have used text to columns in a certain way and it
affects pasting of comma delimited data and you obviously found out the
remedy. Thanks for posting back.

Peo Sjoblom