Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using a date format not in Excel 2002

There is a common way of formatting dates, ie: 11-14-07, that doesn't seem to be included under the column/format
cells/number/date choice in my Excel 2002. I know I can input it by using an apostrophe first, but then it's listed as
an error. I'd like to make it the default and then find a macro that will let me create a column's worth of consecutive
dates.

Is there a way to do this...?

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just figured this out myself. Go to Column/Format Cells/Number/Custom and enter mm-dd-yy. Simple as that. I didn't
think of this because I had tried custom formatting in Quatro Pro many times and could never get it to work. In Excel
it worked like a charm...glad I switched!

jc