Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to overlook zeros in a calculation?

I am calcing a median value for a range, and the range includes zeros. I've
tried an array formula: ={if(A1:A40,median(A1:A4),0)} and another version of
the same: ={Median(if(A1:A40,A1:A4,0))}

Both of these formulas include the 0 values in the median calculation.

Does anyone know how I can remove them?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=MEDIAN(IF(A1:A40,A1:A4))
as an array formula
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Gary,

I've tried that exact Array formula and for some reason it still picks up
the zeros.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=MEDIAN(IF(A1:A40,A1:A4))
as an array formula
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gary, I tried it again and it worked. :)

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=MEDIAN(IF(A1:A40,A1:A4))
as an array formula
--